At present, there are mainly two kinds of multi-core connectors, MTP and MPO. The differences are as follows:
1. MPO (Multi-fiber Push On) is one of MT series connectors. MPO has two different standards: IEC-61754-7 and TIA-604-5 (FOCIS5).
2. MTP is a registered MPO optical fiber connector brand produced by US Conec Company in the United States. Its multi-core connector parts and sockets are specially called MTP connectors.
3. MPO optical fiber connectors are manufactured by many manufacturers with different brands.
4. MTP and MPO optical fiber connectors are in line with the international standard IEC-61754-7 and the American standard TIA-604-5 (FOCIS5). The interchangeability is considered in the structural design. Even though the appearance is different, MTP / MPO connectors can be interconnected in use. Attention must be paid to the connection between the head and the mother.
5. MTP and MPO adapters are common. The appearance of the two adapters is different.